Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kelentong

So this morning I woke up late.

Set the alarm at 7.45 am, must've shut the alarm down when it rang and then I dreamt that my cat was slapping me in the face and when I woke up it was 9.40 am.

9.40!!!

My first thought was holy crap Carpool Buddy must be waiting down there for me. The thing is that Carpool Buddy does not have credit on her phone - why she didn't top up at any chance she could is beyond me. So Carpool Buddy cannot call out.

So I called (let's call Carpool Buddy CB) CB's phone. She didn't pick up. Then I called her home phone. The maid picked up and said that CB is asleep. Pwhoah! Lucky break for me. So I smsed her (I can sms or call her but she cannot call out, get the pattern here?) and said I'll get ready asap, just let me know (via house phone ke apa) when I should get downstairs to meet her.

So tunggu punya tunggu, around 11 I called CB's phone.

"Where were you???!!" was her first line.

"I'm here at my apartment. Where ARE you??" I said.

"I was there the whole time but I didn't see you!" she wailed.

"Well I'll come down now. You're still there right?"

"I'm on way to work already. I waited then I came up to your apartment and rang the doorbell but no one's there so I thought you went off without me!!" she said

I was stunned. How on earth do moi, with no car and no visible option of transportation be able to go off to work, and most of all without informing her?? I'm the one still stuck at the apartment, so who's ditching who to get to work?? Plus ..'rang' the doorbell? The doorbell's pretty damn loud that my cat will scamper off to hide every time it went off so why is it that I am not able to hear it at all? She could even knock on my door but nooo.. she 'went up' and 'rang' the doorbell and then went off without me.

After much "I was there" and "I'm sorry didn't hear the doorbell (roll eyes)" CB agreed to turn back though I can tell she was quite disgruntled. Went downstair, got to the car and went to work. All is good again till she complained about an event being held at the office compound which caused us having to park across the street for 2 days.

"Well I paid for my parking space I don't want to park any anywhere else!" she said.

Oh honey, it's only two days! And we were given notice preceeding the event for a whole week already so if you are so mad about it you can always talk to the event manager. But there's always something to complain isn't it?

On that note, gonna check with my apartment security if CB DID actually enter the apartment compound to go up and 'ring' the bell. Still tak boleh percaya lah that she did actually do that. Nak kata bell rosak, dah check - masih kuat memekak bagai nak rak. My theory is that CB did not ring the bell nor wait for me - or she waited and just zoomed off and later blamed me for not hearing the doorbell so that our reason for being late to work is me not hearing the doorbell instead of her waking up late (later than me, even!)

No comments:

Post a Comment