Monday, March 22, 2010

The Aching Vestibule

My stomach is hurting now and it is not from lack of food.

It is signaling the onset of the female malady of the monthly period.

O cramping stomach how I hate thee! It makes me cranky and angry and dissatisfied for all sorts of reasons; it also sought to magnify little peeves that I have encountered to make them significantly and criminally bigger. One instance is the example given below:

On the way to work today a colleague told me there was a Malay wedding at the community hall at her apartment complex.

I said, 'Wow how cool! Did you crash the wedding? Wedding crashings are fun."

She said, "No, I didn't like it. There're cars parked all on the side of the roads when there's a proper allocated parking area nearby."

I said, "Is THERE really a proper allocated parking spot nearby your area?" Because I've been to her apartment complex before and if you're not a resident it's not easy to find a parking spot around the area.

She said, "I'm sure there must be." And pulled a sour face.

'I'm sure there is.' 'I'm sure there must be.' Words of assumptions, which can also be so dangerous. Do people want to purposely congest up the roads because they want to? If there an actual allocated parking lot nearby, I'm sure they'd taken it up already. In my old neighbourhood sometimes certain lorong/ roads are blocked when there're a wedding, or funeral, be it Chinese, Malay or Indian event - people just try to find an alternative route to get around it. It's annoying to hear people who just make assumptions and draw to a conclusion just because they're temporarily inconvenienced by something. Is it so hard to just be tolerant for a period of time?

Then again the tolerance level is at such an all time low in this country, at this time and place. And the sad thing is that people who cry out intolerance against certain elements in the country are often the perpetrator of intolerance themselves.

Agh. Such a depressing issue. Must be the hormones acting up. Must seek out chamomile tea, even though it tastes vile. Maybe it'll cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment